A delicious and traditional recipe, “sopes” are made using a fried “masa” base. Similar to tostadas, you top them with savory ingredients and munch away! For this recipe, we recommend a chicken protein.
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 15
- 6 Corn Cardenas Sopes (in Tortilleria)
- 6 TBS Pork Lard or Cooking Oil
- 1 Cup Refried Beans (Grab & Go)
- 2 Cups Cabbage, finely sliced/shredded
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 Onion, finely minced
- 1/3 Cilantro Bunch, finely minced
- Cardenas Mexican Crema for topping
- Fresh or Cotija Cheese for topping
- Heat up the lard in a frying pan and place the sopes upside down to fry. Flip to make sure both sides are golden brown. Set sopes aside over a paper towel to drain the excess lard/oil.
- Once all the sopes are fried, it's time to top them. On the dipped side spread the surface with a layer of refried beans.
- Add some of the shredded chicken, cabbage, onion, cilantro, crema, and cheese.
- Serve immediately and top off with your favorite spicy salsa.