Welcome to the Cardenas Markets Foundation Scholarship Program page!
Cardenas Markets and the Cardenas Markets Foundation understand how important college completion is to students. Therefore, the Cardenas Markets Foundation Scholarship Program is awarding 59 scholarships to students who have a relentless desire to achieve their dreams for higher education and express a commitment to serve their community.
In the 2021-22 period, the Cardenas Markets Foundation Scholarship Program will award $177,000 to outstanding students seeking traditional and non-traditional college degrees, including students going into qualified vocational programs, GED graduates, or graduate students working on advanced degrees.
Scholarship recipients will be receiving a one-time award of up to $3,000 (which reflects a $1,000 increase from the 2021 academic year) to help finance their tuition and are selected on their academic qualifications, financial need, and leadership attributes.
To qualify for a Cardenas Markets Foundation Scholarship, students, regardless of immigration status, must:
- Reside in an area where Cardenas Markets has a presence, being predominantly California (Inland Empire and Bay Area), Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson), and Nevada (Las Vegas). Only those applicants who provide proof of residence in a valid zip code will be able to continue with the application form. (The designated zip codes are found in the application page).
- Plan to enroll in the Fall of 2022 in an institution of higher education or vocational training.
- They must have graduated from high school by June 30th, 2022, or earlier to be eligible.
- Carry a minimum GPA of 2.7.
How to Apply
- Visit the application submission page by clicking the “APPLY HERE” button below and register your contact information.
- Complete all the required fields on the application form.
- Upload all required documents.
- Save/Submit the application page no later than March 7th, 2022, 11:59 PM PST
- It is your responsibility, as the applicant, to monitor your Home page on the application and ensure a Complete application status.
The Cardenas Markets Foundation is a stand-alone 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation focused on providing scholarships to qualified students. It was founded in 2005 by the Cardenas Markets supermarket chain to give back to the community.