A delicious, traditional, and simple recipe, “Baleadas” are made using a flour tortilla and smeared with basic home ingredients. Similar to tostadas, you fill them with savory ingredients such as cheese, beans, sour cream and avocado!
Prep Time 25 mins
Cook Time 2 mins
Inactive Time 20 mins
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Refried Beans, warmed
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Crema Fresca
- 2 Plantains or Bananas, grilled on a comal in 1/4 slices
- (1) 10 oz Longaniza Sausage, sautéed and excess fat removed
- 3 Eggs, scrambled
- In a large bowl mix the flour, water, vegetable oil, egg, and salt. Knead until the dough is smooth.
- Make 8 golf ball size balls with the dough. Make the balls of dough into a thick tortilla.
- Heat a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook each tortilla for about one minute on each side. (Should be browned and lightly puffed).
- Make it "sencilla" (simple): Add the refried beans, queso fresco, sour cream and avocado on the tortilla.
- Make it "con todo" (with everything): Add Grilled Plantains, Longaniza, Scrambled Eggs.