Chorizo con Papas Tacos
Start the day off with a Hispanic classic… “Chorizo con Papas”. It’s as simple as it sounds, chorizo sausage and potatoes, the perfect filling for breakfast tacos / burritos, bolillos and gorditas.
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 15
- 3 medium Boiling Potatoes (Yukon Golds or Red or White Potatoes)
- 12 oz Fresh Cardenas Chorizo (bulk or sausage)
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped in small pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- Salsa Verde de Molcajete, 16 oz (Cardenas Grab & Go)
- 12 Corn or Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 bunch of Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large Avocado
- Queso Fresco or Cotija
- For optimal results, pre-boil your potatoes for 5-10 minutes. Poke them with a fork to ensure they do not boil thoroughly. If you don't want to pre-boil, you can microwave the potatoes for 3 minutes on high.
- Dice the potatoes in 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Over medium heat and on a large 12" skillet, add chorizo. Break up the clumps of chorizo and continue to stir. After 5 minutes of stirring, the chorizo fat renders. You can remove it or leave it in for sautéing of the potatoes.
- Add the diced potatoes and chopped onions. Sautee for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the mixture into a bowl, and top with chopped cilantro.
- Set out the rest of toppings and warm tortillas. Assemble your tacos and top with avocado slices, salsa verde, and crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese.