Undoubtedly, “Ensalada De Atún” is a classic recipe full of delicious textures. Canned tuna is tossed with crisp vegetables served atop a delightful tostada. Are you more of snacker? Replace the tostadas with saltine crackers and dip away!
Prep Time 20 mins
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Peas (frozen preferred)
- 3 Carrots, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups of Lettuce, chopped small
- Apple Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Oregano
- 3 cans of Tuna
- 2 large Avocadoes
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil into frying pan and fry the onions until slightly soft. Drain and set aside. Boil 2 cups of salted water and add peas and carrots until cooked, drain and set aside.
- Mix the onions, peas, carrots, lettuce, vinegar, salt, pepper, oil and oregano in a bowl. Place the Tuna and mix carefully.
- Top with avocado and tomato slices. Enjoy with tostadas or saltine crackers.