Shrimp & Mango Ceviche
Add a citrusy and savory spin to a Lenten Favorite, Shrimp Ceviche! Just add Mango and OJ, and enjoy this delightful creation!
Prep Time 20
- 1 LB Raw Headless White Shrimp, 26/30
- 6 Limes, for squeezing
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Large Mango, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large Avocado, sliced in thin strips for garnishing
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 Fresh Jalapeño Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Remove the dark membrane along the tail and wash thoroughly.
- Chop the shrimp to desired chunks and place in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper. Next, add the lime and orange juice stirring thoroughly. Make sure the juice level is high enough to submerge the shrimp. Add more lime juice if needed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours. The shrimp will marinate and "cook" during this time, changing it's initial color to white.
- Contrary to most other ceviche recipes, don't drain the liquid. Add the mango, roma tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, and chopped cilantro. Stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper, and add a little more OJ if needed.
- Garnish with thin strips of avocado and enjoy with saltine crackers or serve the ceviche medley on your favorite Cardenas Markets Tostadas - (recommending "Raspadas").