“Quesadilla Salvadoreña” is not an ordinary quesadilla where tortilla is filled with cheese and then grilled. It is, in fact, a dessert that is a delicious, cheese filled bread that is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee!
Prep Time 20
Cook Time 40
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 4 oz Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TBS Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until firm, but not stiff.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Mix in egg yolks until well blended. Mix in Parmesan cheese gradually. Add sour cream and baking powder; beat until batter is smooth.
- Sift rice flour over batter; fold in with a spatula. Fold in egg whites with the spatula.
- Pour batter into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 38 minutes.