Chicheme is a very popular and traditional drink found only in Panama.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 60 mins
Inactive Time 2 hrs
- 1/2 lb Chicheme (Maíz "Trillado")
- 5 cups Water
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1.5 cups Evaporated Milk
- 1.5 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh Ground Nutmeg for serving
- Soak the corn overnight in the fridge.
- Cook the corn with the water (add the cinnamon sticks), and the salt until the corn starts breaking apart for about 40 minutes to 1 hour. (You can add extra hot water if it dries up before the corn has soften up).
- Let it cool off a bit and add the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract, stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold with fresh ground nutmeg, add more milk if you prefer a thinner drink.
Receive our Weekly Deals & Promotions
Sign up for our unique recipes, weekly deals and promotions.