Flan is a very popular Latin dessert and is the ultimate indulgence in Mexican restaurants and family gatherings. This rich and creamy custard classic is surprisingly simple to make! Let Cardenas Markets show you how.
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 1:15 Hrs
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 oz
- 1 can Evaporated Milk, 12 oz
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan and over medium heat, dissolve the 1 cup of sugar. This will create the Caramel. Stir gently for 5 minutes until light brown consistency.
- Pour the Caramel into an 8" baking pan or 6 individual ramekins. Swirl around to ensure the entire bottom is coated. Set aside to cool down.
- Next, make the flan mixture. Add the cream cheese, condensed and evaporated milk cans, vanilla extract and eggs to a blender or food processor. Blend well.
- Pour mixture into flan container/s and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for readiness by inserting a toothpick into the flan. Once the toothpick inserted comes out clean, let cool. It should not feel like liquid.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve and garnish with whipped cream, fruits, nuts and cinnamon.