Flan is a very popular Latin dessert that will grab everyone’s attention at your next gathering. This dessert is a rich and creamy custard base with caramel, easy to make.
- 1 qt milk
- 8 eggs
- 5 oz sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Caramel prepared with 3 ½ oz sugar. Dissolve sugar in ¼ cup water, simmer, and mix constantly until desired consistency.
- Bring milk with sugar to a boil, mix until dissolves.
- Let cool until lightly warm.
- Beat eggs with vanilla. Once beated, add milk, mix, and strain. • Cover the bottom and edges of a mold with caramel.
- Pour mixture on a flan mold and bain-marie for 50-55 minutes. Check for doneness inserting a toothpick in the flan. Once the toothpick inserted comes out clean, let cool and unmold.
- Serve, and garnish with cajeta and walnuts.