Basic Red Wine Sangria
Serves 4-6 servings
Prep Time 5 minutes
Inactive Time Chill for 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle red wine
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- 2 cups ginger ale, or club soda
- Lemon and orange wheels, for garnish
- Gather a pitcher and the ingredients.
- Add the sugar to the pitcher. Squeeze the lemon and orange wedges into the pitcher.
- Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight to marry the fruit and wine flavors.
- Add the ginger ale or club soda just before you serve it. Garnish with freshly cut lemon or orange wheels if desired.