Cardenas Markets Foundation Provides $50,000 to Local Food Banks
Ontario, California (October 6, 2022) – On the heels of Hunger Action Month, the Cardenas Markets Foundation is pleased to announce thatfunds totaling $50, 000 have been donated to 25 food banks and pantries in the areas where Cardenas Markets operates.
According to Feeding America, 1 in 6 Hispanic individuals experience food insecurity, and Latino children are more than twice as likely to face hunger as non-Latino children.
“We are honored to partner with our local food banks to assist in alleviating food insecurity,” said Adam Salgado, President of the Cardenas Markets Foundation. “Through the efforts of the Cardenas Markets Foundation, Cardenas Markets is much more than your local grocery store. We are a pillar of ongoing community support committed to strengthening our communities by addressing and meeting their vital needs.”
The following food banks / pantries operate in the areas served by Cardenas Markets. Each organization received a check in the amount of $2,000 from the Cardenas Markets Foundation.
- Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Carol’s Kitchen
- City Mission Of Las Vegas
- Coachella Valley Rescue Mission
- Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County
- Corona/ Norco Settlement House
- Find Food Bank
- First Lutheran Church Food Pantry
- Food Bank Monterey County
- Fruit of Our Hands Ministries
- Helping Hands
- Helping Our People of Elsinore
- Imperial Valley Food Bank
- Inland Valley Hope Partners
- Kid Care International
- Las Vegas Rescue Mission
- Lutheran Social Services
- Merced County Food bank
- Pomona Valley Food Bank
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
- SF- Marin Food Bank
- St. Mary’s Food Bank
- The Concerned Family
- The Society of Saint Vincent
- United Way Emergency Food and Shelter Partners
CARDENAS MARKETS FOUNDATION:
The Cardenas Markets Foundation is a stand-alone, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization noted for its charitable efforts that positively impact the lives of those in the areas Cardenas Markets serves. We are deeply rooted in all of our neighborhoods and are always searching for opportunities to partner with our local communities. The Cardenas Markets Foundation supports organizations committed to advancing health, children’s well-being, hunger relief and education.