Huevos Rancheros with Pasilla Salsa
How do you like your eggs? If you say “spicy, and Sunny Side Up” this is a great recipe for you!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Inactive Time 8 hrs (pre-soak chiles overnight)
- 4 Cardenas Corn Tostadas
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Slice of an Onion (1/4 inch thick, chopped)
- 4 Pasilla Dry Chiles (pre-soaked overnight in warm water)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Refried Black Beans
- Cardenas Queso Fresco
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Remove the stems and seeds from your Pasilla Chiles (which have been pre-soaking in water overnight). In a medium sauce pan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add chiles, onions and garlic. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Once boiled, place the chiles, onions, garlic, and chicken bouillon cube into a blender. Add a cup of the hot chile stock and blend until smooth consistency. Strain the salsa if you'd like. Add salt and pepper to salsa blend and set aside in a small bowl.
- Cook your eggs, Sunny Side Up and set aside for assembling.
- Assemble your tostadas by spreading a layer of refried beans. Place the egg over the beans and top with with your Pasilla Salsa, and crumbled Queso Fresco.
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with a few sprigs of Cilantro and top with a small clump of Mexican Crema, or sour cream.