Whole Fried Tilapia
When it comes to eating whole fried fish, you can’t go wrong with Tilapia. This bone-in, fry method provides so much flavor! You end up with tender meat and the extra parts of the fish (head, fins and tails) end up very crunchy.
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 30
- 6 medium whole mojarras, clean
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp thick ground black pepper
- 2 cups corn oil for frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Corn tortillas
- Wash the mojarra very well and dry with paper towel. Make 2 or 3 cuts on each side down to the bones.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper on the inside and outside.
- Heat corn oil over a high heat in a large and thick pan. When the oil is very hot, drop the mojarra. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer again to kitchen towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with mayonnaise, tortillas, lemons and rice.
Receive our Weekly Deals & Promotions
Sign up for our unique recipes, weekly deals and promotions.