Prickly Pear Margarita
It’s beyond easy to make Margaritas, but have you made a “Prickly Pear Margarita”? We got you! Prickly Pears, also known as “Tunas”, are the fruit of Nopales Cactus. These are edible and have a flavor similar to sweet Watermelon. Find them at Cardenas Markets and make this exotic drink, today!
- 8 Red or Green Prickly Pears
- 1/3 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Cup Tequila (Añejo or Reposado)
- 1/2 Cup Orange-Flavor Liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 2 TBS Agave Nectar (optional)
- Thins Lime Slices for Garnish
- Peel and cut all the prickly pears and place in a blender.
- Blend the prickly pears until you have a smooth puree. Strain the puree into a serving pitcher and discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add the Tequila, Lime Juice, Grand Marnier and Agave Nectar into the pitcher. Finish by adding ice and stirring.
- Serve on the rocks in sugar rimmed glasses. Garnish with thin circular lime slices.