Huaraches with Nopales
Have you ever had a “huarache”? They’re typically made with a fried masa base, but this unique recipe includes Nopal Cactus Paddles as the foundation. Give them a go and put your best “huarache” forward… they’re super delicious!
- 6 nopales, whole and peeled
- 2 cups refried beans
- Add grilled chicken or Carne Asada(optional)
- 1–2 avocados
- Mexican Salsa
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Queso Fresco (optional)
- Grilled Onion (optional)
- Turn griddle or grill on medium-high heat.
- Season the nopales with salt or seasoning of your choice and grill on each side for 6-7 minutes or until charred/grill marks appear on both sides.
- Once they are ready, serve on a plate and top with refried beans, queso fresco, avocado, grilled onions, and salsa! (Protein is optional!