Cook up a delicious “Caldo de Siete Mares” Seafood Soup! It’s made with a variety of seafood ingredients and is perfect on a cold rainy day.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
- 4 oz jumbo unpeeled shrimp
- 4 oz cleaned squid, cut in strips
- 4 oz cleaned baby octopus
- 10 mussels
- 10 clams
- 12 oz catfish fillets (12 pieces)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 Knorr® shrimp flavor bouillon cube
- 3/4 cups fresh cilantro
- Peel onion, leaving root end intact and cut in half. Cut 1/2 onion lengthwise into 6 wedges. Coarsely chop remaining 1/2.
- Heat oil in 2 gallon stockpot. Cook chopped onion with red pepper until onion is just translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion wedges, tomatoes, water, Knorr® Shrimp flavor Bouillon Cube(s), squid and octopus. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, loosely covered, until octopus and squid are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and shrimp and cook 2 minutes. Stir in mussels and clams and cook, covered, until shells open, about 2 minutes. (Discard any unopened shells).
- Arrange catfish on top of stew and cook until catfish is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Serve, if desired, with lime wedges.
Receive our Weekly Deals & Promotions
Sign up for our unique recipes, weekly deals and promotions.