Carrot Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 50
- 3/4 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2 Packs of Original Cream Cheese
- 3 Carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 Cup of Corn Oil
- 3/4 Cup of Chopped Almonds
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBSP Lemon and/or Orange Zest
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the condensed milk with the eggs. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, pre-sifted; finally, add the chopped almonds and mix. Pour in the oil and grated carrot, remix and empty into a pre-greased and flour-dusted mold.
- Bake for 50 minutes or insert a toothpick and if it comes out dry you are ready.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese, gradually add the previously sifted powdered sugar and lemon zest. Mix until fully incorporated. Cover the cake with this icing and decorate as you wish.
- Tip: To give a special touch to the icing you can add a teaspoon of vanilla.