Welcome to our La Catrina Más Catrina photo submission contest!
Get into the Day of the Dead spirit for a chance to win an awesome prize! Paint yourself a sweet sugar skull makeup, snap a photo, and submit your entry for the chance to win one of the following prizes:
- 1st Place: $500 Sephora Gift Card
- 2nd Place: $300 Ulta Beauty Gift Card
- 3rd Place: $100 MAC Cosmetics Gift Card
Public Voting Period starts Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 12:00 PM PDT, and runs through Saturday, November 5, 2022, 12:00 PM PDT. This Public Vote will generate a Top 20 Contestants. Scroll down to see all the approved submissions.
Judging and Selection of the top three (3) Contestants will begin November 5, 2022, at 12:01 PM PDT, and ends November 5, 2022, at 5:00 PM PDT.
Photo Submission Contest Sponsored By:
Below are the 2022 Catrina Photo Contest participants! Vote for your favorite Catrina by clicking the heart icon.
The public vote process will generate a top 20. A Cardenas Markets judging panel will select the top 3 winners from the top 20. Come back on 11/05/22, 5PM to see who the judges picked as the top 3 winners!
The criteria on which the winners will be selected shall be:
- Judges will consider the volume of public engagement on an entrant’s submission as seen on Cardenas’ Site
- The entrant’s adherence to theme (whether the painted face is depicted in a traditional “Catrina Style” or “Sugar Skull Decorations”)
- The entrant’s creativity (this may include, but is not limited to, the use of jewelry, feathers, props and other materials other than face paint)
- The entrant’s outfit
- Photographic composition and quality of the photograph
- Ambiance (this may include an altar or other prop and/or background)
- Color and lighting of the photograph
- Clarity of the photograph and entrant’s face painting
Congratulations to the 2022 Catrina Contest Winners!
Thank you to everyone who participated in our photo contest! Everyone got very creative with their submissions and were very excited to review the results.
See the winning photos below, along with all the submissions that came in this year.