S.B. 657 Supply Chains Act
Cardenas Markets Inc. is in compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (S.B. 657). The following represents Cardenas Markets Inc. required Disclosure statement
- As a company philosophy, Cardenas Markets Inc. strongly opposes any and all illegal and unethical treatment of people, including any acts of slavery or human trafficking.
- We inform all applicable Cardenas Markets Inc. suppliers of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (S.B. 657).
- We do not engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery, nor conduct audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards against trafficking and slavery in supply chains. We do not require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- We do not maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking nor do we provide company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products.
- We do communicate our policy regarding S.B. 657 to our employees.